Wednesday, August 31, 2005

US Visa

I receive tons of emails from the fellow au pair friends about USA. Although I've never been an au pair there my best friend did. I am familiar with the process.

Some of you ask me about the visas. First of all, if you want to go to the US, you must get a J-1 visa. I only recommend a J-1 visa even though some au pair sites tells you on the internet you can get a H-1 visa or something like that. This is not true. H-1 visa is ONLY granted to the SKILLED workers to go to USA. I don't believe the US government will grant a H-1 visa to an au pair or nanny even if this person is highly educated.

To get a J-1 visa au pair and the family must register with an agency. There are only 6 of these agencies and they are the only agencies who can get you the paperwork for legal J-1 au pair visa.

No comments: