Friday, September 02, 2005

How do I resolve problems with families?

Hi au pair friends,
I decided to give my answers to some questions I get from other au pair friends here. I hope it can benefit all of you if you have similar questions.
Some of you are already in another country as an au pair working with wonderful families. Some of you may have problems with your arrangement.
My first advise is to communicate any problems bothering you with the host family. Sometimes problems can be simple communication problems. Sometimes it is bigger and you may not have enough time to go to a language school. Children may be too many or too young for your experience. Sometimes, it is hard to move to a different country and try to get used to their customes. You may want to change your host family. I advise you check with the country's rules before you do that. You may have an au pair visa for that country. You may have to follow them to change the family. You must talk to your agency if you use one about the rules and regulations. They should know what options you have. It is not advisable to break the rules. It may create problems for you if you have an au pair visa.
These are my thoughts on this topic. Feel free to email me questions. I will do my best to answer them.
Have a good day!

No comments: