Monday, February 23, 2009

How to change host family in the US

Changing host families while in the US should be done through the agency au pair is working with. Only the government approved au pair agencies can help you change families. They find the new family which is also a member of the agency. They introduce and help the au pair move to the new host family's house. If the agency does not make these arrangements, au pair will be breaking the immigration laws and may not be able to enter the US again. US has certain rules that apply to au pair visas and do not let them do whatever they like once they are in the country.

These agencies also have local coordinators who help the au pairs when they have problems with the host families. If you have a problem with your current host family, you should contact your local coordinator to help you with the situation. They know the legal procedure and can be very helpful when needed.

No comments: